We asked the mom-of-two, interior designer, and founder of Kathy Kuo Home for her favorite gift picks for little ones of all ages
To get the scoop on the most fun and unique gifts for all the little ones on your list--from toddlers to tweens--we turned to Kathy Kuo, a mom-of-two, interior designer, and entrepreneur.
In addition to being the founder and CEO of Kathy Kuo Home--a proud Nico & Yeye retailer--Kathy is also a mama-of-two, who knows first-hand the juggling act that is managing motherhood and work. She founded her business in 2012 while pregnant with her first child and has been building her online furniture, decor, and interior design services business steadily ever since.
One of the KKH crown jewels is, of course, Kathy Kuo Home Baby & Kids, a shop just for little ones consisting of industry-standard picks for nursery and playroom furnishings, as well as adorable toys and gifts.
“When it comes to every space I design and every product I sell, love is at the heart of it,” Kathy explains. “My goal is to help my customers and clients find warmth, joy, and beauty in their homes--and this goes double when children’s spaces are involved! I know my own kids love it when I suggest that we frame their artwork or arrange their toys in fun ways in their room--they love having a say in the overall mood of their special space.”
That said, we couldn’t think of a better industry expert and real mom to kick off the holiday season with her fave gift picks for kids!
1. Nico & Yeye Kitty Modern Solid Maple Kids Chair: “Even as kids get older, they’re still likely to be charmed by pieces that have an element of whimsy to them. I love this sweet kitty-cat chair because it’s so youthful but it’s also very sleek and stylish. It’s a great gift for a child because it’s actually going to look great in their room while also giving them the power to decorate their own space. I just think it’s adorable.”
2. Steiff Modern Classic Tuhin The White Tiger Kids Woven Plush Toy: “There’s just something about classic Steiff animals that just makes them such perfect holiday gift picks for kids. Each and every one of their animal creations are simply magical and will end up going on to become family heirlooms that can be passed down for years to come. From our assortment of Steiff stuffies, this white tiger is a favorite of mine right now. Very regal!”
3. Nico & Yeye Tom Modern White Kids Toy Box Storage Chest: “This toy box has long been a best-seller in our Baby & Kids shop. I love that it exudes a sense of Scandinavian design, which is always a great aesthetic for a nursery or playroom, and is as practical as it is fun!”
4. Little Giraffe Luxe Modern Classic Dusty Pink Diamond Baby Blanket: “If you’re shopping for a new baby in your family, or for a gift for a friend’s new addition, I can’t recommend Little Giraffe’s baby blankets more for this holiday season! They’re so soft and cozy and made with the highest quality materials to ensure that they’re baby-safe. Trust me, you’ll want an adult-sized one too!”
5. Nico & Yeye Domo Modern Canopy Twin Kids Bed: “So this one would fall under the category of ‘splurge,’ when it comes to holiday gifts, but if your kiddo is growing fast and in need of a new bed, this super-cool canopy bed is the perfect surprise ‘from Santa’ this holiday season. And if you want to make a theme of things, you can buy new bedding to serve as additional gifts under the tree.”